Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Food gods

I want more than anything to put the Food god to rest.  For the duration of my life on this earth to be able to have that part be at peace.  So, I want to confess that my understanding of this part of my life is messed up.  If it were as easy as "just say no" it would have happened.  But now what I'm wondering of the connection food has with body, mind and soul.  The older I get the more this is being revealed that everything is connected. To understand that just saying "no" is enough hasn't worked.  I need more.  If my soul longs for God to set me free from hate or pride why wouldn't it long to be free from the food too?  
One answer to this maybe in the confession of the hold it has on me.  What it will take is true honesty that will invited a view of what I believe about myself.  I want to understand the relationship I have created with food.  Why do I think of food as much?  What does thinking of food this much during the day add or take away from the day?  Am I devoting just as much thought to my Lord as to food?  Is my day centered on Him and what I am to be doing for Him? There is more to this but I can't do it alone.  I need your prayers.  I need for us to pray that God will open my eyes to the truth of what, why and how this addiction operates.  I have experienced other revelations that have given a permanent change so I believe it will happen.  
So please pray that our confessions will be honest and open so that He can reveal.  My desire is to be Fit for Him!

Till next time     

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Emily and I were talking about humans filling themselves with many different things to make themselves feel better and how filling the hole with the Lord is really what we are all longing for. I pray that you will find the answers you are seeking. I truly believe you are knocking and this door will open!

Becky said...

It's so true, Jen. Being aware and truthful of what is going on in my head and that's hard. I trying to stop and ask what is really going on? I want to make peace with my head, heart and soul.

Phyllis said...

Becky, Thank you so much for being able to put some of this in to words. Your struggles are my struggles too. I need prayers too! From May until August, I have done so well. I was in my groove- exercising most days of the week & looking forward to it (kinda). Then I had my nieces come visit & I got out of my routine for a few days & I have been fighting it ever since! I cannot get back into my routine! I've just been treading water- not getting any worse but not making any progress either. Part of it is that I'm already tired of the whole thing even though I have so much more work that I need to do. Part of it is that I resent having to do it- I don't want to! AWWWW - this internal struggle is so hard!! Peace! Peace with the whole thing- will there EVER be peace?

richlyblessed said...

As I sit here and read the pain of your struggle, I am crying tears of sorrow and grief. I am right in the middle of this mess, too!!!! I HATE it. I so want to be free. It affects every aspect of my life and I feel so ineffective in every area of my life. Why, oh, why do I let this control me? Why does God continue to let me stay here when I've prayed and begged so much for so long to be redeemed from it? I know there's a lesson to be learned, but why am I such a slow learner. I long to be free. It's killing me.

Becky said...

The Lord is good to us! We have all we need to conquer this, I am confident.