Thursday, September 4, 2008

God is good even on vacations!

I'm home!  What a great vacation I had and what fun it was being with family!  I love being with family and being back home (Texas).  One of the highlights was being at my Dad's ranch in central Texas.  He and my stepmom live in a small town called DeLeon which is about two hours south west of Fort Worth.  I felt a calm in my soul that happens when I set foot on the front porch.  Dad and his wife moved there about 18 years old and for the last 10 years our family has met for Labor Day weekend.  This year there were only three out of 19 that were able to make the trip but a fun time as had by all.  As much as I love being there one of my most memorable and blessed time of the vacation wasn't being at the ranch.  Early in the week while I was in the Dallas area Dad had a doctors appointment and I had the opportunity to accompany him.  It was the first time in probably 20 years I got to spend the whole morning with Dad, just the two of us.  I loved it!  Just me and my dad!  
I will always cherish that blessing!  

Till next time!

No comments: