Thursday, August 7, 2008

1 2 3...

I think I've talked about how I use to get up in the morning and the first thought in my head was food.  Then I spent the rest of the morning planning what I would eat during the day.  It was an all morning process.  I would inventory what I had at home in the pantry or fridge or plan a trip to the store to buy what was needed.  Looking back on this behavior, I can see several things going on. First I know I was bored at the time.  There wasn't anything that I was looking forward to or  that was challenging.  Second, I wasn't ready to look inward.  And third, grace (God's grace).  
In the past I know I was waiting and looking for something big or for a mighty push to jump start me.  In other words, I want God to do it all for me.  I wanted Him to make me healthy.  I wanted to sit back and let Him do all the work...maybe I'd watch, maybe not!  I guess I was thinking God didn't need my help or participation.  It was one sided.  I was not in a partnership with Him.  It was all Him and not me.  
Now I'm seeing health in a different way, now there's the challenge and I'm not bored!  Asking God to challenge me to be healthy was the jump start.  I couldn't do this without the challenge of exercise for example.  Going inward and looking at my responsibilities has brought a partnership with God that is fulfilling.  When I don't want to do this anymore and believe me there are times, I am not owning my responsibility.  Last, grace and what it has done.  I'm not prefect by any means!  There are days that I over eat, have to much chocolate and don't exercise.  But I'm learning that when I have trials this is an open door for me to go through and explore with His spirit.  The Holy Spirit will show me what is really going on within and be there was I acknowledge and prepare to move on allowing grace to fill my soul.  
Making me Fit for Him!

Till next time!

 

No comments: