Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vacation!

I love vacation!  What's not to love about it.  The feeling of cutting loose and flowing with the wind, living moment to moment, free as a bird...etc. etc. etc.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if daily life was about enjoying every day as if it you were on vacation?  What would a day look like?  What needs to change to make that happen?  Vacations are about having fun, relaxing and releasing the stresses and demands that we place on ourselves.  I know that just before I leave my mind is preparing to be on vacation.  My focus becomes intentional, doing the tasks that need to be done in order to have the "vacation" I want.  So what if I spent even a little more time focusing daily in living intentionally to be Fit for Him?  Now, what would that look like?  Less stress, knowing that the demands of life would be taken care of, letting Him move through me so that every moment would be fulfilled to His glory and in return the feeling of being on vacation?  His love, grace and mercy can move us to a freedom of being on vacation!  Praise Him!

Till next time! 

1 comment:

opalessence said...

Oh vacations- how I miss them now that I'm a mother! ha! Hope you had a great one...can't wait to hear about it! :)