Sunday, July 27, 2008

Is there hope?

There are going to be days hopefully not weeks of struggle with food and that's where I am.  The last couple of days I've craved sugar more than usual.  For the most part I've been able to keep sugars to once or twice a week and that was easy to handle till now.  I'm thinking of sugar and craving it more...WHY!  Thank goodness I'm coming to my senses.  Not only stopping the carving but also in how I recover.  There have been times I would be very negative and even allow this to kill the desire of becoming fit.  But I want to recover in a productive way.  This can be a positive move that will strengthen my heart and resolve to continue.  I will not give up!!!  
Instead of listing what I've messed up I'll list what I did right!  This week I've been on the treadmill a total of 8 miles!  My attitude about exercising has improved making it easier to work out.  I'm still not drinking diet drinks and am drinking lots of water!  I'm loving salads, the more I eat them the more I love them.  Vegetable are my new friends!  I look for vegetable recipes all the time.  I am doing better!  
All this to say, by stopping and looking at the positives is a more valuable way of over coming. There will always be a choice of negative or positive ways of over coming and moving on.  I could have chosen to beat myself up that would bring about failure but choosing to focus on the positive will lead me to a healthier life that I love.
Being fit for Him means to do as He would have me do.  To love my negative thoughts into positive thoughts so that my actions will be positive.

Till next time!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I just read in the O magazine that you gave me when you were here last about focusing on the positive and I have heard it many times before, but I always need reminding. And I wonder if the more I practice that the negative thoughts will quite.

Becky said...

practice has had all the difference for me.

Momma loves you!