Sunday, July 13, 2008

Strengthen!

I just came from a "Fit for Him" meeting and what an encouragement!  It was so moving to be in the same room with others that share the same goal.  The goal of changing our behavior and attitudes to becoming fit for Him.  This was a blessing from God and I thank you Father.  I have been strengthened by the honesty, truth and resolve that comes from these women's precious heart.  
One of the struggles I have as I journey through becoming fit is that very thing, honesty and truth. It is so much easier to give into the eating or not to exercise than tapping into the strengthen that is present within me.  I know it's there because I have used it for other people in my life.  My oldest daughter at the age of three became ill with Reyes Syndrome and was in coma for two weeks.  From the beginning I pour all my energy into caring for her.  I had to tap into strengthen I never as aware of.   All most effortlessly I moved through painful days that could be because of strengthen.   
Yes, that was a different situation.  We all move mountains for our children.  But the point is the strengthen is the same no matter what the driving force is.  Strengthen is strengthen and it is comes from with in you!
We can use this strengthen to become fit, grow in our job, love that person that is a challenge to love and to move mountains.  The source is what we need to knowledge.  God is the source of strengthen that He has planted with in us all, no matter what the situation is.  It was through God that Phillip and I were able to use our strengthen to care for our daughter.  God showed us that we could handle and make the tuff decisions.  It was God who showed us that we do have all we need within ourselves to patiently wait for healing.  It was God who showed us that we weren't alone and that others of all faiths were using their strengthen in prayer to the same God for healing.  
The message here is to grow in awareness and acceptance of your own strengthen.  God has suppled you with it.  Are you using it? 

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

You are so right about having strength we don't even realize we have! My question is why do we recognize this strength that God gives us in hindsight after something BIG but we can't see it through the small things? This week, I want to be more aware & acknowledge & thank God for the strength He gives me this week to exercise when I don't want to or don't really feel like it. That is the challenge for me right now- to exercise consistently because I still don't want to do it but I will because I know that I have to.

richlyblessed said...

Here are some mini goals for us to think about:
1. A mini goal can be anything and can start at any time.
2. Perfection is not required, just starting is a step in the right direction and qualifies for a success.
3. Coming to our meeting is certainly a wonderful mini goal!
Remember 7 Strategies for Success are:

1. Plot out your goals.
2. Envision your success.
3. Don't sabotage yourself.
4. Be your own cheerleader.
5. Avoid being a perfectionist.
6. Follow through with your goals. (You do not have to be perfect, though).
7. Affirm your self-belief.

These ideas come from my former Weight Watchers leader who I still get emails from. Sounds like they sure could give us a little boost of strength when we're starting to weaken. Of course, she doesn't stress a relationship with God, but we all know He is our ultimate strength. Also knowing we don't have to struggle alone is encouraging and strength also comes from the knowledge and experiences we can gain from each other. God tells us to continue meeting together. What we are doing is an act of worship to Him because we give Him the praise and glory. Thanks, Becky for your leadership and thanks, Phyllis for your down to earth wisdom and transparency. Keep the faith and be strengthened!!

Becky said...

phyllis,

Even when you say I don't want to God is with you. Even when you say I can't God is with you. Try this, the moment a negative thought about exercise comes to mind. Let that be an alert that God is near. At that time you have a choice. Will you train your mind to think of Him or will you continue with the negative thought? The key is training! With patience and training you can change. You can do it! I know it!

Bec

Becky said...

Jeanne,

I love this! Because it because of the goals and the strategies. We need this in class. Please bring it, thanks!

Bec